64-bit pro edition?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64-bit pro edition?

Is there a 64-bit pro edition or does it only come in the enterprise version? If there is a pro edition where do I download it at?

The 64bit release of the Zoom software is only available in the enterprise edition. But the 32bit Zoom release works fine and is fully supported on 64bit Windows.

The 32bit software is limited to using only 2GB of RAM, regardless of how much RAM was actually installed in the machine. This was a Window 32bit limitation. The native 64bit release of Zoom in V6 allows an almost unlimited amount of RAM to be used, so higher indexing capacity is available.

Except for the removal of the RAM limit the 32bit and 64bit releases are identical in function.

There is no seperate download. It is available from the Windows Start menu in the "Zoom Search" folder.

Comment

Right, I was hoping to take advantage of the 8 GB of ram in my system with the 64 bit version but, with the execption of 64 bit, I only need the feature of the pro version.

Comment

You are saying that you are OK with the limit of 200,000 files that the Pro edition offers. If this is the case then the 32bit RAM limit should be a non issue. You shouldn't max out the 32bit RAM limit with only 200,000 files.

Comment

I'm ready to purchase the 64bit Enterprise version but only see a single version listed--does it include both 32 and 64bit. Also, i'm running 64bit Win7 ultimate final so is it compatible?
          Thanks

Comment

Correct, there is only a single download package for 32bit and 64bit.
            Yes the software is Win7 compatible.

Comment

Working...
            X