Indexing of "->" word rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indexing of "->" word rules

hello, in our software a parameter like "station-> arbstelle" is often used, but unfortunately it can not be indexed, because ">" does not exist in the indexing word rules - is there a workaround? any idea? thank you, michael

This should be indexed as two separate words, "station" and "arbstelle". So you should still be able to search for these words.

If you have hyphen disabled from Word Joining, then when a user enters "station->arbstelle" into the search box, it should also be treated as two words, "station" and "arbstelle" and match that as well.

If the latter is not behaving as expected, and you are using V6 as indicated by your posting in this forum, then make sure you upgrade to the latest version.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

hi thanks for the feedback. the search for "arbstelle" works already, so i can find it, but the term "station->arbstelle" can't be found like that. and i donīt see that it would work better with the new version v7 or is it able to index "-" in V7?

Comment

My suggestion above was to uncheck "Hyphen" from word joining.

Did you do this? It should solve the problem.

If you however, leave "Hyphen" checked for word joining, then you'll encounter a problem as it tries to search with the ">" character which is not currently expected in the query syntax.

We can likely add handling for ">" and "<" to be stripped from the query in the next release but it will have the same effect as achieved by the abovementioned solution (to uncheck "Hyphen" from word joining such that the two words are indexed separately).
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X