Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baffling CGI Problem with 401.3 Error - IIS 6

Hi All,

I'm not a stranger to getting Zoom CGI version 6 (build 1017) to run properly on IIS 6, but I'm having a tough time to get it to run on my latest project on IIS 6.

I get a 401.3 ("You are not authorized to view this page") error, even though I can't find anything in the ACL that would cause this.

I've verified and re-verified the following:
    1. Uploaded as binary files
    2. Scripts & Executables selected at both the application and folder level in Properties
    3. NTFS and web permissions for IUSR_***, NETWORK SERVICE (under which the dedicated app pool is running), and SYSTEM include Read & Execute permissions
    4. Local security policy's "Adjust memory quotas for a process" and "Replace a process at token level" both include NETWORK SERVICE
    5. A dedicated Web Service Extension was added for search.cgi with verification of the path (I also tried "All Unknown CGI Extensions") in IIS
    6. I tried adding the .cgi extension to the web application mapping

I've read through a ton of Microsoft KB documents...perhaps there's something obvious that I'm overlooking.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestion or help of any kind.

Thanks very much.

TS

I presume you've read the following FAQ?
    Q. I need help setting up binary CGI support for my Windows IIS server

Scroll to the very bottom for a section on GPO's (Group Policies).

That page documents everything we know about configuring IIS for running binary CGI executables. If, like you said, you can get it working on other IIS6 machines, and not this one, then it's likely there's something special about it. Does it have some antivirus/security product installed for example, which might be blocking executables?
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thanks Ray.

Yes, I've gone through that FAQ numerous times, including looking at the GPOs section and verifying those settings on the server.

I'll look into the AV/Security setup, but I doubt that is what's causing it. Since I posted here I tried the CGI on a similarly configured server with the same AV/Security setup (from the same hosting company) and it works fine, so it's definitely the server.

I'll keep looking. Thanks for your time.

TS

Comment

Working...
      X