Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excluding directories?

Hello,

In the skip options I'm using an entry like this "/newsite" which contains an .htaccess file to restrict logins.

When running the indexer it still appears to find those files as running a search prompts for the login credentials.

In the meantime I've set the access to 000 to prevent the directory from being read.

Where am I going astray?

Thank you.

Have a look in the Zoom log to see what was skipped and what was indexed.

If you have /newsite in the Zoom page and folder skip list, then I think it is extremely unlikely that any URL with /newsite as part of the URL is indexed.

If you still have a problem can you send us your Zoom configuration file and your log file.

Comment

Thanks David I've sent both files.

Comment

Did you receive them?

Comment

No. What E-mail address did you use. I assume the log from was under 10MB?

Comment

Yes under 10MB.

Originally sent to zoom@ and now have resent to zoom@ and info@wrensoft.com.

Comment

Got the log.

So I see this in the log,
              16:09:54 - [SKIPPED] Skipping http://www.yoursite.com/newsite/Attachments/utilities/UtilitySheet-PortOrchard.pdf (Blocked by page skip list)

I looked through the log and all URLs that are in the /newsite/ folder are skipped. As expected.

I don't see any problem.

What page or document in the /newsite/ folder are you claiming is being indexed?

Comment

Appears to be a .htaccess file or some related as every time I index the site with /newsite perms of 755 doing a search calls the login action.

Setting /newsite to 000 and indexing and then searching doesn't.

Comment

If you are doing a search and getting a login prompt before any results are displayed, then this is a server side configuration issue.

Adding or removing folders from the skip list, or any other change you make as part of the indexing process isn't going to fix this.

Comment

Originally posted by wrensoft View Post
                    If you are doing a search and getting a login prompt before any results are displayed, then this is a server side configuration issue.
                    But not when the directory (which contains the .htaccess) is 000 and reindexed.

I give up.

Comment

If you are stuck configuring your server, we can offer consulting services to fix it up. We would of course need access to your server. Contact us if you are interested.

Comment

Working...
                      X