PassMark Logo
Home » Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FTP won't upload file. (No Files To Upload).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTP won't upload file. (No Files To Upload).

I am using V6, & have input all the correct FTP details. I have auto upload set up. When the index finishes, the upload box does not appear. When I click on the FTP icon to manually upload, I get the error message:

No Files To Upload
    You Must Index Your Site First.

I checked the output folder & the site seems to have indexed properly. I can FTP from my own FTP client no problem & it all works, but I have a schedule set up so that I don't have to remember to do it.

Any help appreciated!

Check the index log for any error/warning messages, especially towards the end of indexing (make sure they're not filtered out and you have "Errors" and "Warnings" checked). If there was some reason Zoom thinks that indexing did not finish normally, it will not proceed with uploading the files.

What is the output folder in question? Vista has tricky permissions on some folders (e.g. "Program Files") which can hide files via its "Compatibility Folder" feature.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Just had another look at it & I pointed the custom search script location at the search.php file in my search folder, so it was trying to overwrite itself with itself..

Sorry! Hopefully this will help other people who make the same mistake!

Great software by the way. Been looking for exactly this type of program for ages

Comment

Glad you sussed it out. There should be an error message towards the end of the Index log indicating it failed to copy the search script file. There should also be some Error and Warning counters on the Status tab.

So yes, for anyone else finding the FTP window not popping up at the end of indexing (despite having configured it to do so), keep an eye on the error and warning indications as something must have gone awry for Zoom to not continue with uploading.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
        X