search and index over a NAS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• search and index over a NAS

Hello, i'm new and i read the faq but the question is particular.

I buy some NAS qnap with inside a OS linux based and the possibility to install a web server and joomla interface.

So my question is:

Is possible to indexer the contenent of the nas that have 4-5 different repositiry (directory) with various file like PDF,DOC and JPG... etc.. and the web site too, with the interface web?!

The PDF and DOC are a text inside i think is searchable and the link have the correct address is indipendent of the source I think... and the link have the possibility to positiong in the correct page? or indicated only if the search is positive with a text wrap?!

And finally...is possible to refine the search to the different repository and/or all with the same interface? and schedulate them with another computer and automaticaly upload?

Thank a lot

any experience?
    scuse me for the english...

Originally posted by tommyk View Post
    I buy some NAS qnap with inside a OS linux based and the possibility to install a web server and joomla interface.

So my question is:

Is possible to indexer the contenent of the nas that have 4-5 different repositiry (directory) with various file like PDF,DOC and JPG... etc.. and the web site too, with the interface web?!
    I've never uesd a QNAP NAS server myself, but so long as the folders are accessible to the Indexer computer (e.g. via networked folders like \\nasserver\sharedfolder1\) then there would be no problem with indexing the contents of said folder.

You can also index web pages, yes.

The PDF and DOC are a text inside i think is searchable and the link have the correct address is indipendent of the source I think... and the link have the possibility to positiong in the correct page? or indicated only if the search is positive with a text wrap?!
    Not clear what you are describing here. If you're asking whether it can highlight the found words on the actual document (after clicking on a search result), then see this:
    http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/highlighting.html

Acrobat Reader has an option to do this which we support.

DOC files are opened in Microsoft Word, and has no such support, and little we can do about it.

And finally...is possible to refine the search to the different repository and/or all with the same interface? and schedulate them with another computer and automaticaly upload?.
    Yes, you can create Categories based on directories and refine your search by each. See the Users Guide for information on Categories.

And yes, you can schedule and automatic upload.
    Q. How do I schedule Zoom to automatically index on a regular basis?
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X