Help! Can't fully uninstall & can't get rid of error msg on my site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Can't fully uninstall & can't get rid of error msg on my site

The title says it all. I was having problems & deciding whether to use Zoom, so decided to uninstall and perhaps reinstall. The uninstall was apparently not complete.

I now have the message: "Zoom files missing error: Zoom is missing one or more of the required index data files.
    Please make sure the generated index files are uploaded to the same path as this search script."

very prominently on my homepage and of course no search. I can't delete this message or find where it's coming from. I've tried to manually delete all remaining files associated with Zoom, but this message is still there.

Does anyone know what I might be missing or if there's some obscure code in my homepage causing this? I don't see it!

Thanks in advance.

fixed it!

Deleted the search_form.html file in my ftp and uploaded my index and all other associated files again. That seems to have worked. Am checking everything to be sure.

Comment

Think I answered your e-mail too. Might want to check your mailbox.

Zoom does not create a file named "search_form.html". So I can only presume that is a file you created or a file you renamed. If you created any files or added any links to the Zoom search page, then they will naturally need to be removed, or they will lead a user to a 404 page not found.

The error you are seeing happens if you have removed all the .zdat files but left the "search.php" file on the server (assuming you are using the PHP version, "search.asp" if you are using ASP, etc.). But you still have to be linking to that page to get there?

The only files Zoom would put on your website are the ones listed as "Required files" at the end of indexing. And they'd be uploaded to the folder you specified (assuming you used Zoom's optional FTP upload feature).
      --Ray
      Wrensoft Web Software
      Sydney, Australia
      Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
      X