Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loading search results into a Div

Hi,

I'm working on an offline website (and hence using the javascript-based version of Zoom Search). My website consists of one main index page with a Div that I load all content into when a user clicks the link. I originally had everything working fine when I was using an iFrame but for various reasons have moved away from that. The text from the search.html file ("displays so I know the file is loading correctly, but I am not provided with any results. Any suggestions?

I'm working on an offline website (and hence using the javascript-based version of Zoom Search
    There are in fact other options for offline search

My website consists of one main index page...
    Building an entire web site with 1 page does tend to complicate matters. I assume you are doing this to maintain a constant header and footer? The are other ways to do this, for example Dreamweaver library items.

I assume you are using Javascript with the innerHTML function to load HTML content into the <div>. I haven't tested this but I don't think you can use innerHTML to load an external HTML file, and then have Javascript which is embedded in external HTML execute.

The simple solution would be to have a web site made up of 2 pages rather than 1.

Comment

Working...
    X