log file link construction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• log file link construction

I'm having trouble constructing the link that should be placed in the indexer/advanced section, the link to the log file. I'm not sure where it should start. I've used a number of different combinations and nice file permissions and searches do not write to the log. Since the permissions are okay, the path must be wrong.

Here's the absolute path: public_html/search/logs/searchwords.log
    That doesn't seem to work

Here's the root relative link: search/logs/searchwords.log

Here's the path relative to the search directory:
    logs/searchwords.log

None of them write to the log file. Am I missing something?

Also, should the path that's in settings.js match the path that's in settings.php? In my case they don't. If I change it in the indexer, it stays the same in settings.js but changes in settings.php.

Plus, if things aren't fuzzy enough, if I get the path completely wrong and I perform a search, I am told the search can't write to the log file because 1) it's missing or 2) has bad permissions.

If I build a path that doesn't generate that error, nothing writes to the log file. So I am back to square one - wondering whether I have constructed the right link to the log file.

I'm wondering:

1) what's the proper link construction
    2) what file permissions would you suggest

See this FAQ, it covers your questions about paths and permissions.
    Q. How do I enable search word logging?

Normally you would not have both a settings.js file and a settings.php file.

You would have the PHP file if you selected the PHP scripting option in Zoom and the JS file if you had selected the Javascript option in Zoom. So you need to decide which script you want to use and delete the other file.

Also after you change settings in the indexer, you need to re-index your site (thus updating the settings file) before the indexer changes will take effect.

Comment

Working...
    X