PassMark Logo
Home » Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my experience with a nas intranet... but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my experience with a nas intranet... but...

Hello

ok, i buy professional, install javascript ok... now i just implementing and try php search on my nas qnap that have a webserver linux installed inside, i mount joomla refine a beauty web page other service with text and image I contact my search page in web server with "http://192.168.1.5/search.php" but...

BUT i have the file in a nas shared folder, not in the same folder of the webserver, because of the architecture of the intranet for working toghether, named "100" that is accesible with a prefix of "file://///192.168.1.5/100/103.pdf" but zoom search create the search result with this form "http://192.168.1.5/100/103.pdf" and of course not work, i just change my address prefix in the search result list from "http://" to "file://///" and all is work...

the search is ok, google like and point the pdf with a text extract, fine.

what I can do!?

Thanks

p.s. i think is possible to use also CGi in Nas... but i'm not sure

Javascript is the slowest of the scripting options we offer. So it is better to use PHP, or the CGI if possible. The CGI is the fastest option, but can also be the hardest to install. Does QNap run Windows Server or Apache, or something else?

If you are just indexing PDF files and the like (and not dymanic web based content) then you can probalby use Offline mode in Zoom.

Then in offline mode you can specify a base URL of something like,
    file://///192.168.1.5/
    and it should work.

If you are stuck with spider mode for some reason, there is also an option to "re-write links" in the URLs on the "indexing options" configuration window. But offline mode should be better.

Comment

config zoom offline mode
      start: \\192.168.0.17\100
      base ./
      output \\192.168.0.17\100

on javascript all it's ok

on PHP the firt solution you provide to me is not working in mozilla!?
      start: \\192.168.0.17\100
      base ./
      output \\192.168.0.17\qweb\search

solution 1. change the base like file://///192.168.0.17/100

and on Iexplorer result a serach link like

file://192.168.0.17/100/file.pdf#search="try search"

and work... but in mozilla

file:///100/file.pdf#search="try search"

and not work...

this is strange 2 browser work in different mode...and i not sure that all use iexplorer...

solution 2. change the url in the index option

change the index option ad rewrite the url not working the url is the same http://

Thanks Bye

p.s Yes the qnap have a web server like apache but is hard to implement the cgi I think...

Bye

Comment

You might be seeing this problem.
        http://kb.mozillazine.org/Links_to_l...s_don%27t_work

"For security purposes, Mozilla applications block links to local files (and directories) from remote files. This includes linking to files on your hard drive, on mapped network drives, and accessible via Uniform Naming Convention (UNC) paths"

Comment

amazing, thanks...

now a lot of my files are "description_date of document_pages.pdf"
          like "example of rules_260509_11.pdf"

when i search a must eliminate the option of "index word rules" to join words with underscores, i notice that the search engine don't index the name file when i try to search, but only the content, it's normal, the underscore in this case it's cosidered blank space or other?

And in result search i have the possibility to change the output to create another valid and linkable url:

1. example of rules_260509_11.pdf
          ...example content etc... 260509 rules....
          total, date, size URL: ../192.168.0.1/100/example of rules_260509_11.pdf

i want

1. example of rules_260509_11.pdf
          ...example content etc... 260509 rules....
          total, date, size URL: ../192.168.0.1/100 (this url linkable base url+folder without the name of the file)

In this mode i have the possibility to go directly in the folder of the repository Can you help me to give a direction or where i can modify this in search.php?! I try but is not the sub-url that I want exatly, and I have also a lot of "%20" for the blank space can o change this only for read well...

$info_str .= $STR_RESULT_URL . "<a href=\"".$url."\"" . $target . "></a>"

Resolved: with a function PHP http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.parse-url.php that return the relative path

So... There is a possibility to index my named file and trasform it in a valid metadata, like date and pages, without create a .desc file? In this mode i can order by date, the real date inside the document that is write in the meta _date, in the file name...

Thanks A lot, i like this engine and the power of personalize it...

Bye
          Last edited by tommyk; Sep-27-2010, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tommyk View Post
            now a lot of my files are "description_date of document_pages.pdf"
            like "example of rules_260509_11.pdf"

when i search a must eliminate the option of "index word rules" to join words with underscores, i notice that the search engine don't index the name file when i try to search, but only the content, it's normal, the underscore in this case it's cosidered blank space or other?
            If you have unchecked both underscore AND dots from joining in "Indexing word rules" then that filename would be indexed as "example of rules 260509 11 pdf" and it can be found when you search for either:

example_of_rules_260509_11.pdf
            example of rules_260509_11.pdf
            example of rules 260509 11
            ... etc.

Of course, if you have other files containing these words, they will also show up in the search results too. "Match all search words" will help over "match any search words".

Remember also you need to re-index for this change to take effect. And all files must be uploaded including "settings.php".

Note if you have modified your "search.php" script in any way (or any of the other index files), then we cannot guarantee how it will behave.

Originally posted by tommyk View Post
            So... There is a possibility to index my named file and trasform it in a valid metadata, like date and pages, without create a .desc file? In this mode i can order by date, the real date inside the document that is write in the meta _date, in the file name...
            Sorry, I'm really not sure what this question is asking. Can you try to rephrase?

You can specify meta data via tags like ZOOMTITLE, ZOOMDESCRIPTION. And the date can be specified with the standard Last-Modified meta tag. See chapters 7.7 and 7.8 in the Users Guide for more information.
            --Ray
            Wrensoft Web Software
            Sydney, Australia
            Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
            X