strange error page when searching with Zoom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strange error page when searching with Zoom

Hi I created a zoom index search for a site I have with the php version. I recieved a strange error page when I performed a search and thought I did something wrong when creating my form and action. However, when I went to my laptop and loaded the same page with the same form in a local browser it worked fine. The error page says:

0) die("This version of the Zoom search script requires PHP 4.2.0 or higher.
    You are currently using: PHP " . phpversion() . "

Not sure what that means other than it thinks I have an older version of php, but I dont. Im running php 5.3.0 so not sure whats going on.

I havent tested this remotely yet as I just purchased a new semi dedicated server and havent set it up completely.

...with the same form in a local browser it worked fine
    What is the difference between a "local" browser and what you were using when it didn't work?

Are you sure PHP is running on the server? There seems to be PHP code in the error message, which there shouldn't be if PHP was running.

Comment

Or you're omitting some other information like you're including "search.php" in another script or page (possibly incorrectly if PHP code is showing up).
      --Ray
      Wrensoft Web Software
      Sydney, Australia
      Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Originally posted by wrensoft View Post
        What is the difference between a "local" browser and what you were using when it didn't work?

Are you sure PHP is running on the server? There seems to be PHP code in the error message, which there shouldn't be if PHP was running.
        I meant, it seems the search feature works everywhere except the desktop pc I am on right now. I uploaded the site to my new server along with the zoom related files and it works fine there....meaning when I browse my site in a browser it works. It also works on my laptop when I load the page from my local WAMP server.

For some reason it doesnt work on this pc when loading the page using my local WAMP server.

Comment

Are you sure PHP is running on the desktop PC, on which it doesn't work.

Did you try a simple PHP script, e.g.
          <?php
          Print "Hello, World!";
          phpinfo();
          ?>

Comment

Originally posted by wrensoft View Post
            Are you sure PHP is running on the desktop PC, on which it doesn't work.

Did you try a simple PHP script, e.g.
            <?php
            Print "Hello, World!";
            phpinfo();
            ?>
            Ugghh. lol Ok Even though I set up my files to be stored within my WAMP server, I hadn't set up a server model. So yeah it wasnt running php script. When you mentioned about running that php script I realized what I had neglected.

Working now thanks!!

Comment

Working...
            X