ZOOMSTOP/ZOOMRESTART Inactive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZOOMSTOP/ZOOMRESTART Inactive

Does ZOOMSTOP...RESTART function in Offline/JavaScript mode (used for testing locally before uploading the CGI version)? I'd like to use it to omit the links and other info that appear in a footer on every page of the site. So I've got this:

<!--ZOOMSTOP-->
    <p><strong><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">
    <a href="/home.html">HOME</a> :
    <a href="/overview.html">OVERVIEW</a> :
    <a href="/offers.html">OFFERS</a> :
    <a href="/dummy.html"> DUMMY</a><br>
    ABC is a registered trade mark of ABC Inc.<br>
    No corporate association with XYZ Inc exists or should be inferred.<br>
    </font></p>
    <!--ZOOMRESTART-->

Then recompiled and replaced the JS file set but that doesn't work. The search word DUMMY (uniquely used here for testing) produces in search results one entry for every page and is listed in zoom_index.js

BTW, even for desktop testing I've cleared the browser's cache every time. Any ideas? Many thanks.

Yes it should work and I tested it with the code snippet above and didn't see any problem..

What process do you use to include the navigation code and the footer code in all you pages?

For example if you are using the PHP include statement, or server side includes then these won't function while in offline mode, and you'll need to use spider mode.

Comment

Resolved

No, not using any server-side includes. As it consequently seemed that it must be a local problem, I slightly tweaked the Dreamweaver Template (and as we know, DW can be temperamental) and that feature works fine now both locally under JS and live under CGI. Many thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X