Search results displayed in table / grid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search results displayed in table / grid

I have searched around but only found this in regards to images and that does not really pertain to the results I want. What I want to do is display each result in only one row and have the meta data displayed in the columns for each row.

Is this possible? This seems like a pretty useful way of displaying the results so I would think if can be done someone may have already done this.

Thanks

This previous forum post gives an example of using CSS to make the search results appear in a grid-like, image-only format:
    http://www.wrensoft.com/forum/showpo...92&postcount=6
    But as you say it was aimed at doing a grid of images.

I don't think anyone has asked for a table before.

You might be able to do something with CSS, as we did with the image grid. But I think the easiest way to get this would be to use the .CGI option in Zoom and select XML output, then write a script to format the XML output into the format you wanted. Or you might be able to use a XSLT (Extensible Stylesheet Language Transformations) to convert the XML into a HTML table.

Comment

Thanks for the response, I think that is probably a bit above my skill sets. I'll have to figure something out.

Comment

Working...
      X