Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IP Address instead of DNS on pagination links

Hi there,
    Straight off the bat I'm going to admit that I am using a modified search.php file so that the site can with our Joomla install. However I recently did an updated site index index and it fixed a few issues we were having but now the Next >> and << Previous buttons used for pagination link to the IP address of our server instead of the dns we used to index.

The search sits in www.mysite.com/search and searches correctly. But the next and previous links link to 123.123.123.123/search/search.php?zoom_query=test&zoom_page=2&zoom_per_pa ge... etc.

It still works correctly but I'd prefer to not expose our IP address to the public.

I searched the search.php for a REMOTE_ADDR line but there was only some stuff about logging so I didn't touch it (usually for the best)

Any advice?

Thanks

I presume you are using Spider Mode. The URLs would depend on the URL that was used to index, in other words, the Start Spider URL that you entered in. I presume this is the IP address URL.

If you wish to index the site via a local address, but want a different address presented to the end user, then use the "Rewrite URL" feature under "Configure"->"Indexing Options".

If that is actually just the IP address to the same server, then you probably should just use the domain name in your Start Spider URL field, so as to index with the same URLs you wish to provide the end user.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X