I am unable to spider my site properly in spider mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am unable to spider my site properly in spider mode

When I attempt to spider my site in spider mode, I am unable to index a large portion of the site. I get the message below when I try to index the folder that it is preventing me from indexing.

" No files found to spider:Check the URL exists and satisfies the settings in the configuration Window"

As far as I can tell everything is setup properly. It works well on a local copy of the site but the problem with that is my meta tags are located in a code behind file (this is a .NET site) so the meta descriptions aren't included in offline results as a result of this issue. They only when the .aspx pages are served through a web browser.

There are two issues here but I am happy if I can get either one resolved. A fix to either one would give me the end result that I need.

Please help. Thanks.

Tim

What is the URL to the folder you are trying to index?
    What appears in the Zoom log? Often there are messages in the log that will describe the problem.

See also this FAQ
    I am indexing with spider mode but it is not finding all the pages on my web site

Comment

The url is http://dev.thee-online.com/ . I have entered the authentication info into my configuration. I have also tried the suggestion of starting at a sitemap that contains all links so I have created one through Zoom and uploaded it to the root. It still doesn't work. It just scans that one document and indexes all the links . It doesn't scan any of the files that the links point to. When I set http://dev.thee-online.com/urllist.txt as the start point it only indexes that one file, regardless of which option I choose for the spidering option for that start point. The log just simply says one URL visited. No error messages or anything like that.

Comment

Your site is password protected, so we can't see any content on your site. (So not much point posting the URL).

Maybe the authentication details you entered into Zoom were incorrect.

If the site can't be accessed. Can you post the log.

Comment

Working...
        X