Indexing Causes Disconnection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indexing Causes Disconnection

I wonder if anyone could help with an issue we are having. Whenever we run request an indexing of our site using the desktop application, about 5 minutes into the indexing our internet connection will fail and we will be disconnected, when the indexing is manually stopped our internet will return to working order. We have 40+mbps fibre-optic business broadband so I wouldn't think we had a problem or restrictions in that area.

Any help or guidance you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

We know of no problem like this. My guess would be that either,

1) It is just co-incidence. And the connection would have been up and down regardless.
    OR

2) You haven't actually lost your low level connection to the ISP, but instead it is your PC which has disconnected itself. (maybe due to some 'internet security' package on the individual PC).
    OR

3) Your modem / router has a bug. This is common enough. Too many connections crash some modems (look up bittorrent triggering router faults on Google).
    OR

4) Your ISP is employing some type of throttling on your connection and it starts blocking after too much usage within a certain period.
    OR

5) You haven't in fact lost your ISP's conenction, but instead your web server (the one being indexed) is throttling on your connection, and stops responding. This lack of response from 1 server might lead you to believe your net connection has gone down, when in fact it was a server side issue.

You will need to do some debugging and look at some logs to work out the cause.

Comment

Thank you for your help

Comment

Working...
      X