V7 beta release available for testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peter View Post
    I think it would be a good idea to have a date parameter in the weightings, so that newer documents are ranked higher, wouldn't it?
    Yes, that would be a good potential feature to add. We'll put it on our list of things to do.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

V 7 bug report After adding category's and cataloging, I saved zoomconfig file to it's corresponding folder. when returning and reloading the zoomconfig all category's lost, AND will not reload the catagoory back CATS.txt , This maybe do to my fault for reinstalling zoom, As it was not loading pdf files , but the zoom config file i saved was not effected in the reinstall ,As i had it backed up in a non-default Dir

I am Happy to provide any out put file, in my computer, if is will help cheers

Comment

E-mail us the category file you are importing from and we can take a look. Did you double check already that the format is correct as specified in the Users Guide and Help file? What was the error message when it failed to reload your CATS.txt file?

You said you were switching back and forth between V7 and V6. Note that V6 does not load configuration files saved by V7. You've sent us a V6 config file recently, but can you send us your V7 config file for this issue?

UPDATE:
        I just went to your ticket and looked at the categories settings in your V6 config file. The syntax is wrong. Please refer to the Users Guide or Help page (click on the Help button in the Categories window).

This is from our Users Guide:
        You can specify multiple patterns for each category, separated by a semi-colon character. For example, a category named “Downloads” may contain a variety of file formats with a pattern like “.pdf;.doc;.xls;.ppt;.exe” (without the quotes).

This is what you have:

Category name: images_lgbt
        Match pattern: ".JPG".PNG".TIFF".GIF"

This is not correct. It should be as follows:

Category name: images_lgbt
        Match pattern: .jpg;.png;.tiff;.gif

Similar problems with the rest of your categories.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Would it be possible to have rel=nofollow links optionally not be spidered? All my social media links are nofollowed but zoom creates entries for them.

Also there's a slight sitemaps bug in V6, if you specify a different directory where it should be output the sitemap_index file still refers to the top directory.

Thank you
          Last edited by johan; Mar-04-2014, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Are you indexing with "Index page and follow internal and external links"? Normally links to other sites (in your case, if they're links to twitter.com or facebook.com, etc.) should not be followed because they would not satisfy the Base URL setting.

Regardless of this, you can enclose links that you do not want followed with the following tags:

<!--ZOOMSTOPFOLLOW-->
            <a href="http://www.twitter.com/somefeed">Follow my twitter feed!</a>
            <!--ZOOMRESTARTFOLLOW-->
            --Ray
            Wrensoft Web Software
            Sydney, Australia
            Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Thanks Ray,
              Yes I'm following internal and external (to have a good search facility of the subject matter not just my site).
              I haven't seen zoomstopfollow before but use zoomstop - though not for these blocs. Unfortunately it's handcoded into 200 pages =(

Comment

A user option to restrict search to "just this site" or "all sites" might be a nice add

Comment

Originally posted by johan View Post
                  A user option to restrict search to "just this site" or "all sites" might be a nice add
                  This is already in V7. You can limit a search by domain name, e.g. the following query will search for all mention of "dogs" on mysite.com

dogs site:mysite.com
                  --Ray
                  Wrensoft Web Software
                  Sydney, Australia
                  Zoom Search Engine

Comment

An update on the V7 release date: It should be this week!! (April 2014)

We have a couple of final bugs to fix and a bit more work on the web site. But otherwise it is done.

Comment

• When will we be able to purchase the upgrade? (I am on V. 6) Is pricing established now?

Comment

• radiodavid,
                        All the details and the upgrade link should be up tomorrow (barring anything unexpected in the next 24h).

Comment

• Originally posted by wrensoft View Post
                          radiodavid,
                          All the details and the upgrade link should be up tomorrow (barring anything unexpected in the next 24h).
                          I bought the upgrade from V 6 (Win) and downloaded it an hour ago, and it installed perfectly. I immediately began reindexing a section of my site that has about 330,000 pdf pages and on which I had changed the metafile data. In V 6, at best I got 50,000 pages an hour and about 30 minutes into the same data on V 7 I have done 55,000 pages... so it is a bit better than twice as fast.

The pathing screen is very nice in that there is more space to see and modify paths. On the other hand, the index progress Status window is not resizable, so if you want to watch both page count and elapsed index time, you have to scroll up and down. It would be nice to have the size of that window adjustable.
                          Last edited by radiodavid; Apr-30-2014, 07:36 AM.

Comment

• V7 has been released!!!!
                            Details are in this V7 release post.

Comment

Working...
                            X