Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Implementation problem

Hi Guys,

I'm new in the Zoom Search Engine and have some problem with the implementing. I made a new folder for the search engine in my ASP.NET application, what includes all the files from the output of the indexing. This folder contains the Search.aspx and the zoom javascripts as well. The only thing, what I did, included the javascripts to the asp file and registered the suggested codebehind in the Page_Load:

this.Form.Method = "GET";
    this.Form.EnableViewState = false;
    this.ClientScript.RegisterClientScriptBlock(GetTyp e(), "clr", @"document.getElementById('__VIEWSTATE').value = '';", true);

The content of the aspx is the same as the sample html file. When I trying to call the page with the zoom_query parameter, it results with an empty page without any result.

I'm pretty sure, I did something wrong, but don't know what... Can you please help me out?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Best regards,
    Craig85

A bit confusing with your mention of "the zoom javascripts" and "included the javascripts to the asp file". Are you referring to the "zoom_highlight.js" script specifically? This shouldn't affect the server control but also shouldn't be placed on the actual search page. Or are you mistaking the .zdat index files as Javascripts?

Does the default "search.aspx" file work?
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Hi Ray,

Thanks for your reply. At first time, I included the zoom_search.js, and the dependencies of this to my search.aspx. (now they are removed) If I call this page with the required parameter, it not gets back any result. Can you please give me some example, how the search.aspx should be implemented?

Best regards,
      Craig85

Comment

Hi Ray,

It seems, I found the source of the problem. The search.cgi is not exists. Where can I find this cgi file, or how can I generate it?

Best regards,
        Craig85

Comment

If you are using the ASP.NET option in Zoom (or the Javascript option). Then you don't need and won't use the search.cgi.

Search.cgi is required is you select the CGI option in Zoom. In which case the required Search.cgi file is produced in the output folder when you build an index.

Comment

Hi Guys,

I reinstalled the .NET Server Controls and that solved the problem. Thanks for your help!

Best regards,
            Craig85

Comment

Working...
            X