PassMark Logo
Home » Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I have the one and only search result automatically open? Is this possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I have the one and only search result automatically open? Is this possible?

So here is what I am trying to do. In the indexing options, I am selecting ONLY the "title of the page" to be indexed. Because every title of all my pages are unique, I would like for someone to put a specific titile into the search box,(which matches a title of one of the web pages) then when they click on the search or go button, that page would automatically open up. I would like to bypass the results page showing the one and only result and them having them click on the one and only result link to take them to that page. Is this possible?

BTW, thanks guys for all of your help on answering all of my previous questions. You are all awesome!!!!!!!!!

This is the "I'm feeling lucky" feature from Google. It is not a feature of the Zoom software -- Zoom will display the results before selecting one of the results.

It could be done with some additional scripting if you have an experienced PHP/ASP programmer available. The script would need to work out which result was the 1st result, check for some type 'flag' that would indicate that an auto-redirect should take place, then do the redirect. You would also need to work out when and how the flag should be set.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
    X