ZOOM Search Results Ordered by Page Format

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZOOM Search Results Ordered by Page Format

Hello ZOOM, is there a way to set search results to appear by order of page format? In this instance I would like to set .PHP and .HTML pages to appear first at the top of search result lists, and .PDF pages to appear last. I've tried all of the search score and weighting adjustment options offered at https://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/faq_score.html including meta name = ZOOMPAGEBOOST on .PHP and .HTML pages, and have experimented with several different weightings configurations in the ZOOM interface, but cannot get .PHP and .HTML files to consistently rise to the top and .PDF files to fall to the bottom of search results list order. Please help? Thank you.

There is no way to force this to happen all the time. Results are always ordered by relevancy (or date time). So you can adjust the relevancy to make PDFs less relevant, but that doesn't force them to be last all the time.

Are these large multi-page PDF files with lots of words in them? As you adjust the "Content density" setting to favour small documents if the PDFs are all large.
    You can also use .desc files with .pdf files to add meta data to the PDF and weightings (to make them less relevant).

See the User's Guide for details of .desc files.
    https://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/usersguide.html

Comment

On my site, where every document is available in both multiple page HTML format and single file PDF format, the obvious was to use categories to allow the user to select of either PDF, non-PDF or combined results (with the default set to non-PDF).
      Mark Gallagher

Comment

Using "Categories" as you suggest works fine and accomplishes what I need, separating PDFs from .php and .html website pages. Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Working...
        X