Wildcards on Recommended Links?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wildcards on Recommended Links?

I need some way to handle cases like this: Any word at all that starts with "GGS", like GGS20 or GGS-020 or GGS5 or GGS-K, needs to go to a certain URL.

I'm trying to handle this now by generating tremendous lists of likely combinations and loading them all into Recommended Links. But this has problems:

[1] I'm up to 55 thousand links. I worry that I'm straining Zoom's database with my daily reload.

[2] It still only catches a fraction of the crazy things people type.

Thanks for any advice you can offer!!

((
    As a suggestion for future Zoom features, It would be great if I could say things like this:
    "GGS*" --> "/main/greatparts"

And that's just a plain asterisk wildcard. If the wildcards worked like SQL wildcards do, I could be more specific:
    "GGS[23]0*" --> "/main/greatparts/large"
    "GGS-[23]0*" --> "/main/greatparts/large"
    "GGS[456]0*" --> "/main/greatparts/jumbo"
    ​​​​​​​"GGS-[456]0*" --> "/main/greatparts/jumbo"
    ​​​​​​​
    If full Regular Expressions capability were allowed, I'd be in heaven:
    "^GGS-?[23]0" -- "/main/greatparts/large"
    "^GGS-?[456]0" -- "/main/greatparts/jumbo"
    ))

From the Zoom Help file.

"Note that each recommended link must have a keyword (or key phrase), URL, and a title. The description field is optional and limited to 300 characters per recommended link. The keyword for the recommended link may contain wildcards (e.g. "*" or "?") so if you create a recommended link for the keyword "drive*" it will appear when searching for "driver", "drives", etc."

Comment

That's great! Thanks so much!

Comment

Working...
      X