Zoom search box stopped working in Firefox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zoom search box stopped working in Firefox

I am using Zoom v7.1 Professional. Recently I've discovered that Zoom search boxes which I've set up on my site aren't working in Firefox anymore, eg on this page (under "Search Irish Names and Surnames"):

http://www.libraryireland.com/names/contents.php

I'm wondering is this something to do with the new EU data protection regulations as I noticed that an old Google Custom Search box stopped working in Firefox as well? Both use form input fields and my site has no security certificate. Or is it something else entirely?

It is not related to Zoom or the EU data protection regulation. Most likely some JavaScript code that is behaving incorrectly and not allowing focus on the input box when clicked. It seems to be only happening in Firefox as Chrome and Edge works. With JavaScript disabled in Firefox, I am able to enter text into the box and perform a search.

Comment

Thanks, Richard. That would explain it. I couldn't find where to disable javascript in Firefox, but found the following "Beginning in Firefox version 52 released March 7, 2017, installed NPAPI plugins are no longer supported in Firefox, except for Adobe Flash. Some of the plugins that will no longer load in Firefox, even though they may be installed on your computer, include Java, Microsoft Silverlight and Adobe Acrobat."

Comment

Working...
      X