PHP 7 compatability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHP 7 compatability

Hi, so we are using Zoom with WordPress (working beautifully , however we are currently working on upgrading our websites to PHP 7.2 and our compatability checker is coming up with some issues. Just wondering if there are any plans to update the PHP code in zoom. I do not know PHP overly well and some of the issues I feel comfortable changing/fixing on my own but there are a couple in particular I am not sure how to fix:
    120 | WARNING | Function each() is deprecated since PHP 7.2; Use a foreach loop instead
    126 | WARNING | Function each() is deprecated since PHP 7.2; Use a foreach loop instead
    132 | ERROR | Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated since PHP 5.3 and removed since PHP 7.0

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

We've only been testing with PHP 7.1 for this release, but we'll investigate the support for PHP 7.2 next week, and should be able to provide a workaround.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

We just tested the latest build with PHP 7.2 and it exhibited no problems with default settings.

Realized now that you're talking about a particular compatibility checker, and not PHP itself.

I think the error your checker is reporting regarding set_magic_quotes_runtime() is incorrect.

This function call is guarded by a call to get_magic_quotes_runtime() which is still supported in PHP 7 -- which still serves as a valid way to test if the former function should be called or not. This is standard practice for PHP scripts to work across many older generations of PHP.

The each() call would be better replaced with a foreach loop as suggested, but it still functions in PHP 7.2. They are just advising code to be moved off this function for the future. This has been noted for the next major release, i.e. V8

--Ray
      Wrensoft Web Software
      Sydney, Australia
      Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Ahh I see, ok thank you very much! I will wait until after the actual upgrade to see if we come up with any real issues. Appreciate your help and responsiveness
        Marcia

Comment

Working...
        X