Autocomplete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autocomplete

When putting something in the search box in our advanced search page ( https://www.volvoclub.org.uk/cgi-bin/search/search.cgi ) it show file names as well as individual words. Should that happen please?
    Robert Isaac
    Volvo Owners Club

Yes, slightly strange.
    I assume you have the "Meta keywords, Description, etc.." box checked in the Autocomplete configuration window?

We might be including the File name as part of the document's meta data. (Which it kind of is, but this behaviour isn't documented, so it is a bit unexpected)

Comment

This is what I have:
      Attached Files
      Robert Isaac
      Volvo Owners Club

Comment

Under "Configure"->"Autocomplete", you probably have "Extract words from the following .... Page title" selected.

This means the autocomplete will use page titles indexed.

However, for certain files (such as PDF, images, etc.) if no page title is available in the document's meta information, the filename is used as the page title.

So in these situations, it is possible that the filename was used as the page title, and then in turn this "page title" is extracted for the autocomplete feature.

You can avoid this by disabling page titles from your autocomplete feature.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

That makes sense, thanks.
          Robert Isaac
          Volvo Owners Club

Comment

I get the attached warning if I disable page title.
            Attached Files
            Robert Isaac
            Volvo Owners Club

Comment

Something is not right. I decided to leave page title in and manually edit pdfs and put in a page title in the meta information. But when I checked the file name was still showing. If you go to my advanced search page and put in S90 you will see. The file name of the Owner Manuals is still there.
              Robert Isaac
              Volvo Owners Club

Comment

To clarify -- I was talking about disabling page titles from the Autocomplete feature, not the Indexing Options (as your screenshot indicated).

This means you leave ON the "Title of page" checkbox under "Configure"->"Indexing options"

But your uncheck "Page title" under "Configure"->"Autocomplete".

Originally posted by firstrebel View Post
                Something is not right. I decided to leave page title in and manually edit pdfs and put in a page title in the meta information. But when I checked the file name was still showing. If you go to my advanced search page and put in S90 you will see. The file name of the Owner Manuals is still there.
                I'm not sure which file you are referring to in your search results.

I see several S90 Owners Manual PDF files in the search results (one for 1998 and one for 1997).

Furthermore, both are within a respective ZIP file.

I can't download/access the file to see if their Document Properties reflect the change you mentioned -- because they are HTTP password protected.

Did you make sure you changed the titles in the PDF files AND zip the file? Or are you changing a different PDF file all together (I ask since you didn't mention they were zipped).
                --Ray
                Wrensoft Web Software
                Sydney, Australia
                Zoom Search Engine

Comment

One of the results using S90 is the file name S90_GBen.pdf which is not password protected but it has a title in the pdf "Properties", so why is the file name showing? Some confusion over file name and page title. Page title will for a pdf be in Properties and for web page <title></title>
                  Attached Files
                  Robert Isaac
                  Volvo Owners Club

Comment

Your index still has "S90_GBen.pdf" indexed as the document title.

I downloaded the file and indexed it using Offline Mode locally, and Zoom correctly indexed "Volvo S90 Brochure 2019" as the title for both search results and autocomplete.

So you should check the following:

1) Make sure you have re-indexed and re-uploaded your index files after making the change in the PDF Document Properties.
                    2) If you are using Spider Mode, then make sure you have "Reload all files (do not use cache)" enabled under "Configure"->"Spider options"
                    --Ray
                    Wrensoft Web Software
                    Sydney, Australia
                    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
                    X