ZoomEngiine has stopped working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZoomEngiine has stopped working

I am trying to use Zoom 7.1.1022 (the 32-bit free version) to index PDF files on our website. Soon after I "Start indexing" Windows 8.1 Pro x64 displays a popup dialog informing me that "ZoomEngine has stopped working". However, ProcessExplorer shows the ZoomEngine process as still running A while later, the Zoom Indexer GUI notices that the indexer isn't responding and offers to terminate it. I have collected logfiles using the "Detailed" and "Debug" options, but I see no useful information in them. I tried to attach an example but am apparently not permitted. Here is what the Windows Event Log says:
    >>
    Faulting application name: ZoomEngine.exe, version: 7.1.1022.0, time stamp: 0x5b1f4eab
    Faulting module name: ZoomEngine.exe, version: 7.1.1022.0, time stamp: 0x5b1f4eab
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00266e11
    Faulting process ID: 0xa8c
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d4879a24c88d4e
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Zoom Search Engine 7.1\ZoomEngine.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Zoom Search Engine 7.1\ZoomEngine.exe
    Report ID: 658b558c-f38d-11e8-9264-f4b7e2e90463
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:
    <<
    Any help would be most welcome!

Can you e-mail us your .zcfg configuration file? Assuming you are using Spider Mode and your website is accessible online, we can then try to reproduce this crash.

If you are using Offline Mode, let us know if you can reproduce the crash with a small set of your site's files and email us this too.

Also confirm if you have any antivirus applications running and check their logs, in case they have falsely mis-identified Zoom as being suspicious (known as a false positive) and stopped its operation.
    --Ray
    Wrensoft Web Software
    Sydney, Australia
    Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Dear Ray,
      Thanks for your prompt response, and apologies for my slow one. The thread shows me as "subscribed", but I didn't see any notification of your post. I am reluctant to send you our zcfg files, since they contain administrative login authentication. A colleague has been running Zoom (in spider mode) successfully on our website under Windows 10 for a couple of years now, but I am getting nowhere under Windows 8.1, even using his zcfg files. We both have Firefox as default browser and are using the "bog-standard" Windows antivirus (Windows Defender). He presumably has an older version 7 than I, since he hasn't updated it since installing. He will run another scan this evening and report back the results as well as the version number. Meanwhile I will try using Spider Mode on a different website, and offline on local subsets. Thanks for your support!

Comment

If there is a crash dump file produced, can you zip up that file and Email it to us.

Comment

@David,
          Can you tell me how/where to find such a crash dump file?
          Thanks for your support!

Comment

We have replied to your email support ticket, so please follow up there. Thanks.
            --Ray
            Wrensoft Web Software
            Sydney, Australia
            Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
            X