restrict search results to the current user's language

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• restrict search results to the current user's language

Hello, I've been using zoom search engine for a couple of years now and have what is probably an unusual question. My website is translated into multiple languages. If a visitor searches on a term that isn't translated such as proper names, phone numbers, etc. the results come back with pages across all languages on the site. For example, if someone searches for our street name they will get our contact page in English, French, Hebrew, Japanese, Polish, Spanish, and Korean. If the visitor is Korean is there a way to only return Korean pages? Or English pages for English visitors? My site currently directs visitors to their preferred language based on their browser's HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE setting. The default is English. Can the Zoom search do something similar?

The site is organized as follows:
    domain/en/contact.php (english)
    domain/ja/contact.php (japanese)
    domain/ko/contact.php (korean)
    etc.

I'm running Apache on Windows for the web server if that matters.
    Zoom Search Engine 7.1 (Build: 1022) Professional Edition
    Windows Server, Apache, PHP
    Windows 10

Can you use the categories feature?
    Or, maybe even better, can you build a separate search index for each language. Lots of small indexes rather than one large one.

Comment

I think creating separate indexes might be the best choice. It shouldn't be terribly difficult with my site's current organization. Thanks for the idea.
      Zoom Search Engine 7.1 (Build: 1022) Professional Edition
      Windows Server, Apache, PHP
      Windows 10

Comment

Working...
      X