Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Index broken after patch up. Segmentation fault

Hi,
    I patched our red hat box running ZoomIndexer 7 and now I can't index. When I run /var/www/html/zoom/ZoomEngine64 -autorun -c "/var/www/html/zoom/default.zcfg" it gets about 200-300 files then stops with Segmentation fault.

I checked /var/log/messages and found this:

Dec 16 15:28:33 ip-10-200-1-85 kernel: ZoomEngine64[29245]: segfault at 0 ip 00007f3ae543def0 sp 00007f3adae316f8 error 4 in libc-2.17.so[7f3ae53c7000+1c2000]
    Dec 16 15:29:22 ip-10-200-1-85 kernel: ZoomEngine64[29681]: segfault at 0 ip 00007f9fa5eccef0 sp 00007f9f9b8c06f8 error 4 in libc-2.17.so[7f9fa5e56000+1c2000]

I assume that maybe libc-2.17 updated and broken Zoom? Just a guess. Need help getting this back to normal.

Thanks,
    Bruce

I did notice that using my previous set of data, the index was able to run without fault. I know we have to be careful about how files are moved, but rsync from linux to linux will preserve the files.

Comment

Originally posted by brucealeg View Post
      I did notice that using my previous set of data, the index was able to run without fault. I know we have to be careful about how files are moved, but rsync from linux to linux will preserve the files.
      By "previous set of data", do you mean you rolled back libc-2.17.so or do you mean you rolled back the data set you are indexing? Or the index files?
      --Ray
      Wrensoft Web Software
      Sydney, Australia
      Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post

By "previous set of data", do you mean you rolled back libc-2.17.so or do you mean you rolled back the data set you are indexing? Or the index files?
        Ray,
        I rolled back the data I was indexing. I don't think rolling back libc-2.17 would be easy.

I've worked on this a little here or there, but I can't get it to work.

Any ideas? The holidays are over and I'll be watching the forums closer.

Bruce

Comment

If the different set of data is what makes it crash, then it would likely be the data set that is triggering the crash.

Can you isolate which new files or folders were added to the data set that causes the crash? Look at the log files. See if it always fails when indexing the same file or folder.

If you can figure out what file is triggering a crash, you can send this to us and we can try to replicate it here.
          --Ray
          Wrensoft Web Software
          Sydney, Australia
          Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
          X