Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Page building stops at "<!--ZOOMSEARCH->"

Hi,

I have set up a page with many nested divs. The divs are used for top bar, left navigation, contents area, right navigation and bottom bar.
    I decided to use PHP environment for search and thus turned the intended search page to *.php.
    Then I entered the zoom search code in the a.m. "contents area" and (nearly) everything works fine, i.e. the top bar, the left navigation bar, the search field, the button, the results per page etc. are shown as wanted.
    However, the page will not show the right navigation area and the bottom bar until a Zoom search is executed and the result is shown. I think, building stops at "<!--ZOOMSEARCH->" and goes on after search is executed. Once an initial search has been executed everything is fine, including the right navigation bar and bottom bar of the page.
    Is there any way to have the page drawn completely with the search field plus button, all navigation areas, etc. without prior execution of a search?

Thanks in advance.

Fabian

Hard to comment what is wrong with your code without seeing your code.
    Can you post the URL.

Comment

Originally posted by wrensoft View Post
      Hard to comment what is wrong with your code without seeing your code.
      Can you post the URL.
      Try www.karldeutsch.de/KD_GENERAL_Search_DE_M1_neu_php.php

Thanks

Fab

Comment

Your PHP script, KD_GENERAL_Search_DE_M1_neu_php.php, is generating an invalid HTML page.

For example you have two sets of <head> </head> tags. Plus you have the <body> tag inside of the <head> tag.

I can't see your PHP source code, but you should be able to fix it up to output a valid HTML page.

This FAQ might also help,
        http://www.wrensoft.com/zoom/support/faq_ssi.html

Comment

It would really depend on what's happening in your script, "KD_GENERAL_Search_DE_M1_neu_php.php"

How are you calling the search.php script? Are you using virtual(), etc.?

As noted in the FAQ above, you should remove the <html>, <head> and other redundant tags from your search_template.html if you are embedding "search.php" within another PHP page.
          --Ray
          Wrensoft Web Software
          Sydney, Australia
          Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post
            It would really depend on what's happening in your script, "KD_GENERAL_Search_DE_M1_neu_php.php"

How are you calling the search.php script? Are you using virtual(), etc.?

As noted in the FAQ above, you should remove the <html>, <head> and other redundant tags from your search_template.html if you are embedding "search.php" within another PHP page.
            Thanks for your assistance (both of you, if you're not the same person ). Your notes guided me so I could solve the problem, which mainly was caused by too many tags (html, head, etc.) and the misinterpreted include command which I didn't use at first but "copy and paste"d the pure code into my search page.

Thanks again, it works well now.

Fabian

Comment

Working...
            X