Pricing for Law Firm Closing Book Use - Zoom and Flying Ant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pricing for Law Firm Closing Book Use - Zoom and Flying Ant

I am looking for the right pricing model for Zoom and FlyingAnt. Here' my usage scenario:

The Firm I am at compiles Closing Books. Each closing book is approximately 1500 pages and is typically in a searchable pdf format. We want to be able to put this content on a CD/DVD and utilize the indexing and local searching capabilities. Zoom and FlyingAnt components seem to fit my needs. Each Closing Book / media is unique. 1 Closing Book per CD/DVD.

How best should I purchase the products? It is foreseeable that we could see indexing a million pages before too long across multiple Closing Books/CDs. Would I need to buy a separate FlyingAnt for each closing book/CD ($99)? Or is one license of FlyingAny sufficient for multiple unique Closing Books. Could I buy the ZOOM for enterprise use (up to approx. a million pages) for $299 and be able to index multiple Closing Books and once it hit a total of a million pages it would be time to buy a new license?

Thanks.

The page limit is per site/index and not a lifetime page limit. A license is required for each copy of the Zoom Indexer application installed on a computer. However, each installed copy of the Indexer can be used to create and maintain multiple search engines, for different sites or CD/DVDs in your case. You can also distribute the search files generated by the Indexer on an unlimited number of CDs and DVDs.

The license for Flying Ant is one license required per CD author. If you are going to be the only one using FlyingAnt to create the CD/DVD, then you will only need one license.

If you are going the FlyingAnt and Zoom Search route then you will need to purchase 1) FlyingAnt and 2) Zoom Search (either Pro or Enterprise).

Comment

Thanks. I am still a little fuzzy on this. Lets say I have 5 separate unique closing books (these are unique catalogs of how a corporate deal was closed and the agreements behind the deal). I want to put each closing book on a disc and make it searchable. What exactly would I need to buy for 5 unique closing books at 1,500 pages each? How many copies/licenses of Zoom and FlyingAnt would I need to create and distribute the unique closing books to each unique separate business entity? Also, assume I am the only author. Just making sure I understand the conifig and spend.

Comment

Originally posted by dkearney@cohenlaw.com View Post
        Thanks. I am still a little fuzzy on this. Lets say I have 5 separate unique closing books (these are unique catalogs of how a corporate deal was closed and the agreements behind the deal). I want to put each closing book on a disc and make it searchable. What exactly would I need to buy for 5 unique closing books at 1,500 pages each? How many copies/licenses of Zoom and FlyingAnt would I need to create and distribute the unique closing books to each unique separate business entity? Also, assume I am the only author. Just making sure I understand the conifig and spend.
        1 License of Flying Ant
        1 License of Zoom Search

Comment

Working...
        X