Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems specifing Intranet URLs in Spider-Mode

Hi,

I have a Problem sepcifing URLs of HTML-Sites in our Intranet. I tried several different formats (e.g. file:\\\server-name\path\filename.html ).

But when I start the indexer in spider mode, the error message "Could not download file ... (invalid URL or domain name)" appears.

In some cases the file seemed to be downloaded (message download file .. appears) but the size is wrong (only 528bytes are reported as file-size). After that, an error is reported "could not download file... (file not found)".

The path itself is correct: when I copy it out of the zoom configuration and enter it in the windows explorer, the html-file is opend correctly. Could you give me a hint, whats wrong?

Thanks,

Jens
    Last edited by enc24; Jul-20-2007, 12:07 PM.

When using spider mode you would normally use the HTTP protocol. So your start address for the spider would be something like,
    http://server-name/path/filename.htm
    Of course this assumes you are are actually running a web server (like IIS or Apache).

If you are not using a web server, (and only have a shared hard disk), then you are probably better off using offline mode in Zoom. In offline mode you will be directly accessing the files using the file system. Which will also be faster than using HTTP. In offline mode you specify a folder to start from, e.g.
    \\server-name\path\
    or
    c:\files\myfiles\

Comment

Working...
    X