Frequently Asked Questions for Zoom (FAQs)
Browse through the following FAQs or select a category to jump to the appropriate group of questions:
How to ...
How to get started
How to customize the layout and appearance of the search template
How to configure or optimize Zoom
How to setup images, thumbnails and icons with Zoom
Foreign language support
See our foreign language support page for more information.
File format issues
Indexing PDF documents
Indexing DOC documents
Indexing XLS spreadsheets
Indexing PPT presentations
Does Zoom... ?
General usage issues
- Q. Why is there no search form on my search page?
- Q. Why are some of my pages being skipped by the indexer?
- Q. I am indexing with spider mode but it is not finding all the pages on my web site
- Q. I get the error [No files found to spider] Check that the URL exists and satisfies the settings in the configuration window
- Q. I've indexed the site, uploaded the files, but I only see the search script code when I open the search page in my browser (or get a prompt asking if i want to download it)
- Q. I can't get authentication to work for spider indexing my site
- Q. I am seeing the wrong text appear in the search results (or the results look strange and messed up)
- Q. Why is there no spacing between my search results?
- Q. Why do some of my files show up in the search results with the current date and time?
- Q. When I click on a link in the search results, I get a 404 "Page Not Found" or "Page Cannot Be Found" error
- Q. What does the "Suspected invalid HTML ..." warning message in the index log mean?
- Q. I am getting an error "Microsoft JScript compilation ..."
- Q. My search page is showing up blank and there is strange code in the source of my template page (eg. "<!--[if gte mso 9]>", "<o:DocumentProperties>", etc.)
- Q. I am having trouble with installing Zoom, is there more information?
- Q. I am having trouble with the "jump to highlighting" script, is there more information?
- Q. Upon installation I get the error message. "This program has been damaged, possibly by a bad sector of the hard drive or a virus. Please reinstall it."
- Q. I am seeing an error like, "... is not a valid Win32 application", when installing or trying to launch the Indexer (is Windows 2000 supported?)
- Q. "Unable to locate component - This application has failed to start because Normaliz.dll was not found. ..."
Dreamweaver Extension issues
Indexer errors and crash issues
For troubleshooting plugin related indexing messages, see the FAQ section for plugins.
PHP related issues
ASP related issues
ASP.NET related issues
CGI related issues
Sales & License key related questions