CGI with Solaris Platform?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CGI with Solaris Platform?

I've sent the following mail to wrensoft before I realise t hat it should have been posted here. So here is the Email:
    Hi,

I purchased the Zoom Professional Edition yesterday under username:....

We have a successful implementation of the php version on our website. However, its not fast enough. So we've decided to try the CGI version which actually makes more sense since our index is already 60Mb.

My Problem is that our platform is Solaris. So when I'm asked to choose between windows, Linux and BSD, which one should I opt for.

I've chosen BSD, and am getting the following error

" Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator, root@calm.wa.gov.au and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.26 Server at calmweb.calm.wa.gov.au Port 80"

Can Zoom be used to index both Spider mode and offline mode at the same time? If its the case, how do I implement it?

Thank you in advance for your advice
    Kind regards,
    Bilal
    08 9334 0593

The CGI is compiled C++ code. The Windows, Linux and BSD Unix CGI's are all compiled for the Intel CPU.

There is no CGI option for the Solaris O/S on the Sparc CPU at the moment.

The code would need to be re-compiled by someone with access to a Sun machine and they would also need some significant experience in Sun Solaris programming to get it to work then test it.

-----
    David

Comment

We found ourselves an older (cheap) Sun server and ported the search CGI code to 64bit Sun Solaris V10. It is available for Zoom 5 now as a seperate download.

Comment

Port for zoom V4?

Hiya,
        Don't know how time consuming this would be etc, but would a port for zoom V4 be possible? We have V4 professional running as a php script on the following setup:

System SunOS silver 5.8 Generic_117350-33 sun4u

Server API Apache 2.0 Handler

Apache Version Apache/2.0.52 (Unix) PHP/4.3.6

GATEWAY_INTERFACE CGI/1.1

and would really like to try the CGI to see if it gives any performance gains.
        Thanks,
        Patrick

Comment

It would be a fair amount of work becuase we had the little endian big endian problem (byte order revesal) with the Sparc CPU. So we would need to add a bunch of new code into the old V4 to make it work (re-doing work we already did). Making it more than just a re-compile.

We also haven't done any testing on SunOS 5.8. We did our testing on Solaris 10. So this may or may not be an additional issue for you.

Comment

Fair enough - thought I'd ask though

Comment

Working...
            X