Zoom just stops indexing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zoom just stops indexing

Please does anyone have any idea why zoom v5 just stops indexing after a while, it just pauses by itself in the sense that, it stops indexing links or even scanning through the website.
    any ideas to what i can do to stop that because am indexing a big site, and when it freezes i have to stop (it doesn't even stop and finish up with the current data it has indexed, i have to close zoom, and start all over again. its really sad when i have to do that)
    please help!

Are you sure it isn't either processing a large document, or waiting for a time out. For example there might have been an error on the web server or a dropped connection, and there can be a time out of several minutes.

For how long did you leave it?

What are you system specs? Do you have enough RAM?

Do you have the final V5 release? (V5.1 build 1017 - check "Help"->"About")

How many pages were indexed before it stops?

Does it always stop on the same document?

We also don't support V5 any more. But if you can replicate the problem in V6 we can investigate it in more detail.

Comment

i left it for about 12 hours, if not over 12 hours it was just stuck on same point. i checked my CPU performance, and it was reading 2-10% , as if the zoom wasn't even running again.

i have a 4gb ram size, windows datacenter 2008, 3.40ghz, 32-bit OS

i have the 1016 build, i just downloaded the 1017 build.

it indexed over 150,000 pages

no it doesn't always stop in same document. last time it stopped it wasn't even up to 100,000 pages.

i haven't gotten a v6 license yet, i just want to see that zoom indexes all my pages right before i move on to v6

Comment

If V6 doesn't imeedately fix the problem we can investigate the problem and fix it. If we can't fix it we can give a refund on V6.

We also never tested the old V5 release with Windows Server 2008. But can't really say if this is related to the problem or not.

Comment

Working...
        X