Indexing of titles (sometimes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indexing of titles (sometimes)

I have just over 20 pages on my site and all have the same content from the DOCTYPE declaration in line 1 to the <body> tage, with the exception of the <title> tag which contains a title relevant to the page.

All pages in my Histories subfolder are indexed showing the title, but in the other subfolders, such as 'Refrnce' which are at the same level as the Histories subfolder all pages are shown as 'No title'.

Does anyone have any suggestions why this is so.

Thanks,

Viv

Can you post the URL of the HTML file that Zoom reports as having No Title. Or E-Mail us an example.

Did these files always have a title? Maybe it is a caching issue and you are seeing old versions of the file.

You can force Zoom not to use local caching from its configuration window (on the 'general' tab).

-----
    David

Comment

David,

Thanks, I have just tried re-indexing after checking the 'Reload all files (do not use cache)' but it makes no difference.

All files have a title. I have just changed the design of the website to comply with accessibility standards, and the files which show no title after indexing are in new directories. (The files in the directory which I did not rename are the ones which show a title.)

www.pyner.org.uk/Histories/Berry.htm is one which displays a title.
      www.pyner.org.uk/Refrnce/Dates.htm does not.

I am using Zoom 4.2 build 1010.

Thanks for your offer of help.

Much appreciated.

Viv

Comment

The reason is because you have a tag before your <title> tag on this page:
        http://www.pyner.org.uk/Refrnce/Dates.htm

This causes the title to be skipped from indexing. Move the ZOOMSTOP tag to AFTER the title tag and it should be indexed correctly again.
        --Ray
        Wrensoft Web Software
        Sydney, Australia
        Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Raymond,

Thanks for the answer. Unfortunately the version of the page on my computer is slightly newer than the one on the website which is why I confused myself.

I have just uploaded the latest version of the page to the website and Zoom now indexes the title.

Amazing what a fresh pair of eyes can see.

Many thanks to you and Dave.

Viv

Comment

Working...
          X