PDFs and Categories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PDFs and Categories

Can someone please tell me how the PDF indexing works? I have three different categories, one for the "main site", one for a "staff portal", and one for a "board portal" and the categories are setup for URL pattern matching. That all works just fine, but the PDFs that are linked on the pages of the different categories are showing up all together! So, if I search just the "main site" it is pulling in PDF files from the "staff portal" pages. Any thoughts?

I answered my own question, the pdf file locations did not match the pattern being used to create the categories. For some reason I was assuming that because the PDFs were linked to from a categorized page they would inherit that category, I remedied the problem by URL rewriting the location of the files to match the category pattern!

Comment

Yes, the PDF files are categorized on their own, and treated as independent pages - not based on the web page they are linked off.

An alternative solution to your problem is to create .desc files for these PDFs, which allow you to specify meta tags for them. Then you can create a ZOOMCATEGORY meta tag to specify the category they belong to, even if they did not match the URL/file pattern.
      --Ray
      Wrensoft Web Software
      Sydney, Australia
      Zoom Search Engine

Comment

Working...
      X