Version 7 can't open settings.zdat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Version 7 can't open settings.zdat

I use Version 7 (Build 1020) to spider my website at http://revwarapps.org/ . Today, every time I've tried to use the Zoom search engine, I get the message: "Unable to load settings.zdat file.
    The file appears to be invalid and may have been corrupted." I have repeatedly run Zoom again and upload the result to the server for the website, but nothing has solved the problem. I've even deleted and reinstalled Zoom, but without success. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Can you Zip up all the index files and put the Zip file up on your web site.
    Then we can download it and check the index here.
    If you can also include your Zoom configuration file that would be good. You can save this from the File menu.

Comment

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm afraid you are dealing with a total rookie. Someone else (who is now not available) set up my website and gave me a 'go-by' sheet as to how to administer it. I have no idea how to do what you are asking me to do--i.e., zip files and/or post them on my website. The website is revwarapps.org and zoom is found by clicking on the 'Searches' link.

Comment

I think you are going to need someone with some basic IT experience if you are going to manage a web site & install and update scripts.
        This is doubly the case for your site, the site appears to be large and you are using the CGI option, which is the trickiest option to get configured on the web server. Your purchase of the software was also some years ago & outside of the free technical support period.

Comment

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm sure you are right.

Comment

Working...
          X